Many people have been poisoned! Once this kind of home-cooked food becomes bitter, throw it away, let alone give it to children.

time:2022-10-07 20:24:13source:monlittlebaby.com author:Make one's mouth water
Many people have been poisoned! Once this kind of home-cooked food becomes bitter, throw it away, let alone give it to children.

When we eat some melons and fruits, sometimes we suddenly have a very bitter mouthful, some people will spit it out immediately, and some people will swallow it carelessly. Here's a reminder for everyone, it's best to spit out this kind of bitter melon and fruit in the future, especially children. Because it may not only taste bitter, but also make people vomit and have diarrhea, and some people die because of it! In Zhongshan, Guangdong, many workers suffered food poisoning from eating bitter gourd. There is also Luzhou, Sichuan, where a pot of bitter gourd soup threw down a family. This is because this bitter taste is actually a poisonous substance - cucurbitacin. At present, there are more than 20 kinds of food containing cucurbitacin known, and the toxicity is different. Some can cause vomiting and diarrhea, gastrointestinal bleeding, liver and kidney function damage, hair loss, etc., and some directly lead to death. Moreover, cucurbitacin cannot be killed by ordinary high-temperature cooking, which is why some melons and fruits taste bitter after being cooked.

Which plants contain cucurbitacin?

Cucurbitacin has always existed in cucurbitaceae plants, but through optimization during the breeding process, the bitterness is reduced, and the toxins are correspondingly reduced. However, some melons and fruits may have genetic mutations during the growth process, and the bitterness is not reduced, but excessive. For example, loofah, the normal taste is a hint of sweetness. The bitterness of the loofah may be caused by the generation of clusters of powder during pollination, or abnormal soil nutrition and moisture. Cucumbers are crunchy and slightly sweet, but when they are hybridized with other plants and under poor planting conditions, they will become bitter and easily induce cucurbitacin poisoning. Melons are also fruits and vegetables belonging to the cucurbit family, and there are two conditions that make melons bitter. One is immature, and the other is pesticide residues. In addition, the melon is also bitter, and if eaten in excess, it will also cause poisoning. Therefore, when eating melons, you can't eat melons, and you can't eat those that have a bitter taste.

Which bitters are edible?

Of course not all bitter fruits and vegetables are unacceptable. Although the following fruits and vegetables taste a bit bitter, they can still be eaten with confidence. Momordica charantia. The taste is indeed bitter, but it contains a variety of vitamins, crude fiber and other substances that are beneficial to the human body. The bitterness of bitter melon is derived from cucurbitacin and cucurbitacin. However, the content of cucurbitacin is very low and can be ignored, but if it is too bitter to swallow, it is not recommended to eat it, in order to prevent cucurbitacin from exceeding the standard and causing poisoning. Another example is lemon, which is very popular whether it is a drink or a dish. Lemons have a slightly bitter taste because they contain limonoid, which is good for the body.

What other common foods in life can cause poisoning?

In fact, in daily life, in addition to cucurbitacin that is easy to cause food poisoning, there are many vegetables that are poisoned due to improper cooking and storage methods.
  • Seeing the green wild mushrooms
Every summer, the deliciousness of wild mushrooms cannot stop many people from tasting them with their lives. Jianshouqing is called a conditionally edible fungus. The fungus itself is slightly poisonous, but it can be decomposed after high temperature, and it will be poisoned when eaten raw. But don't be superstitious, put more oil and more garlic, and see if the garlic changes color to distinguish whether the fungi are poisonous, which is unscientific.
  • The fungus that has been soaked for too long
often sees fungus poisoning incidents on the Internet. This is not because the fungus contains toxins, but the fungus is rich in protein, fat and other nutrients In the process of foaming, it will turn water into nutrient water, creating favorable conditions for bacteria and molds in the air, thereby producing "rice fermented acid". It is as heat-resistant as cucurbitacin, and normal cooking methods cannot destroy its toxicity, leading to poisoning events. Therefore, the fungus is soaked according to the consumption, and the time is controlled within 1-2 hours.
  • Sprouted or green potatoes
The solanine in potatoes is a trace amount of toxic alkaloids, resistant to diseases, insects and molds, and can play a role in self-protection. effect. But for the human body, excessive consumption of solanine can be poisonous. However, solanine will decompose after being cooked at high temperature, but when the potatoes turn green or germinate due to improper storage, the content of solanine will increase, and there will be a numb and astringent feeling when eating, indicating that the potato contains more Solanum. Vegetarians must be thrown away immediately and can no longer be eaten. Therefore, those foods of unknown origin, abnormal taste and spoilage are best not to try easily, so as not to cause poisoning.
Related content