These 6 kinds of food are the "hardest hit areas" for parasites, pay attention when feeding them to children

time:2022-11-27 07:43:33source:monlittlebaby.com author:Sneeze
These 6 kinds of food are the "hardest hit areas" for parasites, pay attention when feeding them to children

A 6-year-old child in Foshan, Guangdong, suffered from liver fluke disease. After investigation, the parasite came from a chopping board at home. Most of the parasites on the cutting board come from the food. So, which foods are prone to parasites? What problems should be paid attention to when feeding children?

Pork and beef

Pork and beef play an important role in our daily diet. Pork may contain Taenia solium cysticercosis, Trichinella larvae, Sarcocystis, and Toxoplasma gondii. Similarly, beef is also susceptible to some parasites, such as Taenia saginata, Sarcocystis, and Toxoplasma gondii. If a child eats infected meat, and the meat happens to be undercooked, it is likely to be infected by parasites. People infected with pork tapeworm are prone to symptoms such as abdominal pain, diarrhea, indigestion, weight loss, and in severe cases, intestinal perforation or intestinal obstruction.

Shrimp and Crab

In daily life, crayfish is a favorite food for many people, especially adults, who always like to drink beer and eat crayfish, Indulge. But it’s okay for adults to eat it, and try to give it to children as little as possible, because crayfish contains paragonimiasis. If it is not fully cooked at high temperature, this parasite can easily survive and enter the human body. Also in Jiangsu and Zhejiang areas, many people like to eat drunken shrimp and crabs. Although they are delicious, children should eat less, especially wild shrimps and crabs, which have a particularly high number of parasites. The paragonimiasis in shrimp and crabs mainly reside in the lungs, and children will have symptoms such as coughing and chest pain after being infected. And this parasite is not easy to find, which increases the risk.

Empty snails

Many children like snails because they find it fun and interesting, and of course it tastes good, but this kind of food should be eaten as little as possible. The most common in snails is a parasite called Angiostrongylus cantonii. Because the shell of the snail is very hard, the Angiostrongylus cantonii parasitic in it is more difficult to kill. Angiostrongylus cantonis mainly invades the central nervous system of the human body, which may induce brain lesions and cause serious diseases such as meningitis and myelitis. In addition to parasitizing the snails, the larvae of Angiostrongylus cantonensis can also survive in fish, shrimp, crabs, and frogs, so these foods should not be eaten raw, let alone given to children.

Eel

Parents usually think that the eel is very nutritious, and feeding their children a little helps their physical development, but they also have parasites in their bodies . The parasite that lives on the eel is called the jaw-mouth nematode. This kind of parasite is quite scary and will survive in the human body for a long time. From the initial parasite on the wall of the esophagus, to walking around the whole body at will, eventually causing damage to multiple organs, and even the possibility of entering the brain, and then Danger to life.

Some freshwater fish such as grass carp, bighead carp, rainbow trout

Grass carp, bighead carp, rainbow trout and other freshwater fish may contain liver flukes, and they are also susceptible to parasites if eaten raw , will lead to abdominal distension, abdominal pain, diarrhea, etc., severe liver damage. Therefore, parents should pay attention when feeding fish to their children, cooking is the key.

Water chestnut, water chestnut, etc.

may cause water chestnut damage if fertilized with animal manure that has not undergone harmless treatment, or if animal manure is discharged into the pond , water chestnuts and other plants contaminate the fasciola. Many people like to eat raw water chestnuts, water chestnuts, etc., so it is easy to be infected with ginger worms. Fasciola chinensis is generally parasitic in the human small intestine, which can seriously cause abdominal pain, diarrhea, facial and body edema, malabsorption, malnutrition and other problems. If children are infected, it may lead to stunting.

How can children prevent parasites in their lives?

1. Wash hands frequently and pay attention to hygiene. Children are very curious and come into contact with different objects every day. Some invisible eggs will parasitize on these objects. If they are not cleaned in time, then these parasites will become will be eaten in the stomach. Then it will absorb the nutrients in the child's body, which will ultimately affect the child's growth and development. 2. Thoroughly cook the food Most of the parasites are not resistant to high temperature. Washing the food and cooking it at high temperature can well prevent parasitic infection. 3. Separate processing of raw and cooked food. Do not put raw food and cooked food together. Knives and cutting boards that have processed raw food must be cleaned and disinfected before reuse. 4. Children should be careful when they contact pets. Many families like to keep pets, because adults and children like it, but there are parasites on pets. Parents must be careful, disinfect the surrounding environment regularly, and keep pets The environment is quiet and tidy, and the pets are regularly dewormed. The child's body defense mechanism is not yet perfect, and parents should be aware of these problems, otherwise a little omission may cause irreversible damage. Of course, it does not mean that these foods cannot be eaten, but it is necessary to ensure that the food is well-cooked and the hygiene and safety are guaranteed, so that the baby can rest assured to eat.
Related content